Wednesday 28 August 2024

Clay frogs!

I walked up toFreeport this morning and helped Caroline get ready for a call work workshop. Just two lads came and their parents enjoyed working on the frogs with them. The lily pads were made using a mould and then the frogs were made by hand. Caroline and I both made one too. The boys were here on holiday so they painted their frogs before the bisque firing. Our two we will paint after the bisque firing. I also made a trinket tray which I will paint after firing. Pictures of our efforts. Mine is the frog with the smaller eyes!
They were busy so I spent a while helping clear up then Caroline gave me lift home as she had some of my cake cases which would have been difficult for me to get home,
I have spent some time over the last few days on the diamond art canvas, it still has the protective cover, but think I am just about half way now.
I popped round to see Sher and took the flowering cacti back. I bought another little plant, a begonia, but this one will have to be a painting rather that a line drawing.
I did a few chores but weary now after quite a bit of walking the last two days. Maybe do a bit more to the canvas!








2 comments:

  1. I love the frog 😊 That’ll be really good when it’s finished. The little trinket tray is cute too. A good mornings work. I’ll definitely look forward to seeing both of those finished.
    The canvas is coming along well too. It’s very colourful. I don’t think I’d have the patience to place all those beads on there! I hope you’re going to frame it when it’s finished?
    Not surprised you’re weary. You’ve done quite a bit lately. A few relaxing evenings are in order…….maybe 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun making the frog, we can paint them when the first firing is done. I think Caroline and I will spend time making things like trinket tray as stock when the children are back at school.
    It does take patience and concentration to do the diamond art canvases.

    ReplyDelete