Thursday 22 August 2024

Bridlington old town

This morning I went along to the banking hub and got some great reduced cards in the news agents. After Ringtons had been I waited for Sher as we had arranged to go out for a bit. She took my to Bridlington old town and along the street there were lots of little independent shops which we browsed in after having lunch at the Georgian tea rooms. We both had salads and very good too. I took a couple of photos of the street.
We really enjoyed our browsing and I bought a couple of things. This vintage make up case, only about six inches long, so tiny containers inside, but brand new.
Then, in another shop a pair of earrings, not surprisingly quite ‘unusual’.
We weren’t put very long but it was a lovely outing, we get on well and had some laughs.
I did some chores nd got some ironing done this afternoon and filled the watering cans. Went down to the front with Darren to have fish and chips. This baby seagull sat and watched su so patiently so I did break up just one chip for it!
Only one of the tall sunflowers has survived the wind, so my sitting room is becoming a sunflower rescue centre!
A few chores now before bed!















2 comments:

  1. That looks like a very nice old worldy place to shop. Georgian tea rooms also sounds very nice. You do manage to lunch in some nice places.
    I like the make up case. Not really my sort of thing, but it does look nice 🙂 The earrings, well what can I say? Very Jan 😂
    The seagull does look really cute and can understand why you had to feed it. No wonder they try to steal peoples chips when they get older 🙄😊
    Hope you manage to rescue some of the sunflowers. Good job you have lots of big vases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many interesting shops along that one road, like stepping into a different world.
    Young seagulls have a bleating sort of cry, difficult to resist!

    ReplyDelete