Tuesday 13 August 2024

Cakes and avoiding the sun!

I needed to get a couple of bit from the shop this mornings and for once my heading for the post box was to post a letter for Tina. Then I decided to make chocolate sponges this time, one for when the lads come to help in the garden tomorrow and one for Darren. I was mixing the second one and I checked the one in the oven after about ten minutes and thought it wasn’t rising too well. That would be because the oven had turned itself off! I then had to remove the cakes as that top oven often doesn’t light and you have to use matches. Was a it worried about moving the sponges as they had started cooking and were warm, but they seemed okay and the oven stayed on for the second one!
After lunch I rested for a while and nodded off for a change! While I was getting dinner I filled the watering cans for the bonsai trees and the tubs put the front. I will use the later and intend to hose the back garden but when the sun starts to go down. I did go down to fill the bird baths and look at the sunflowers. Not a good year for them, only about half a dozen survived and they begun to get taller but no flowers until now. about seven foot tall and a couple now have flowers.
Feet up for a while before starting the watering.






2 comments:

  1. That’s not a good thing with sponges as they usually sink. They look very good though and I’m sure they’ll go down a treat with your helpers tomorrow, and Darren 🙂
    The sunflowers you do have look good. Hope the hosing went ok this evening. Not sure when you’re due some rain up there, but it was supposed to rain here this evening. Not a drop that I’ve seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we had some rain last night but don’t think it was a lot.
    At least with the hosing and a little rain the plants should be refreshed! Probably ten foot weeds as well!

    ReplyDelete