Friday 30 August 2024

Unexpected walk to the pottery

This morning I went to visit Bel as usual. She was okay but finding life a little more difficult. She is hoping to get some help in home and an OT is gong ot visit to see if she needs any grab rails on the house and to measure for a seat in the shower. She had a jigsaw on the go and I put a few pieces in. Before I went to see her I had a txt, with pictures from Caroline to say the plates were ready for collection. I was so excited to see my landscape plate that decided I would go up and collect it when I left Bel. There was no bus when I wanted to go, so decided to walk and call I at Tesco on the way as I wanted some wholemeal flour. My plan was to get there, collect the plates and get the bus home. As I didn’t leave home until after 11.30 and the bus home was 12.30 I was cutting it a bit fine. I was a bit held up in Tesco but managed to get to the pottery in just under forty minutes, which was me really pushing myself, not that fast for anyone else! I was out of breath but had time for a drink of water before heading for the bus. Then Caroline said she was about to leave so she could give me a lift home, that was a bonus!
The spider plate that Tina painted for me turned out really well, don’t forget to count the legs!
I am truly delighted with how my landscape plate turned out.
Also, the Halloween cat I painted turned out really well, I knowCaroline hopes it will encourage people to have a go.
I haven’t done a great deal this afternoon, been enjoying the Paralympics. Tina was home earlier than expected so we watched some together. I did go out and top up the bird baths and water the bonsai trees. No more plans for this evening, maybe some reading before bed.






2 comments:

  1. A reasonably steady day for you then, even though you did walk up to the pottery. I love all the bits. The spider plate is really good, simple but it stands out, specially with 9 legs 🙂 The landscape plate turned out really nice too. The cat is brilliant. The hat really makes it pop out at you. All in all some great stuff. Glad you got a lift home as it does make life a little easier.
    Hope your evening turned out to be a relaxing one in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did push myself to go faster with that walk, I usually amble along.
    Yes, really happy with the items, o think Caroline wants me to paint a dog to sit with the cat!
    Paralympics is ensuring some sitting for a few days!

    ReplyDelete