Saturday 3 August 2024

Fairly quiet day

This morning I made the holes in all fifteen cakes and they have had their first ‘feed’. So a good job under way. I did go to the shops a couple of times because I forgot something the first time. I decided to add some writing to the plant sketch I did and framed it ready to take to Sher when I returned the plant. I also took my smart watch with me a she hd Sid she would set it up with my phone, but the internet was down when I called at the shop so she couldn’t do it today, she seemed pleased with the sketch.
I finished wrapping some presents for later in the month so that I could clear away some of the debris that goes with wrapping presents! Of course I have had a few spells of Olympic watching, with my Phryges friend!
I put the new printer inks in, the first time I have done that, so that I could print the stags of the landscape painting, as the workshop is this coming week.
I still have to fix them down and mark the colours that I mixed.
I have been out and watered the bonsai trees, maybe the hose gain tomorrow if no rain appears. 
Boot sale in the morning,






2 comments:

  1. Feeding the cakes will take ages each time, unwrapping and re wrapping each one. It’s the bit that makes them so moist though, so well worth it.
    I really like the plant pic with the writing. I bet she was really pleased with that.
    You’re like a big kid sat on the settee with the mascot 😊 It’s good that you join in, unlike the rest of us miserable lot 🙂
    There’s a lot of effort that goes into putting on one of the workshops. I hope you get a good attendance for it.
    It’s been mega hot here today and I hope it stays fine for tomorrow.
    Enjoy booting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I spoke to Caroline there were only two people signed up for the workshop, so we will see, she was going to do a bit more advertising.
    It is a lot of cakes but as you say, worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete