Wednesday 14 August 2024

Garden help

I went out to buy some strong gardening gloves and a couple of new tools as Caroline was coming today bringing her son and one of his friends were going to do some clearing in the front garden. I did pull some brambles before they arrived and started pruning the wild bushes in one of the beds.
I pruned another couple of bushes his afternoon so had more than twice that amount to clear up!
The side beds in the front garden haven’t been touched in a couple of years and were full of brambles along with other weeds and grass, so that is where I was going to get the lads to work.
They worked a couple of hours, didn’t get very far but cleared the areas they did so you could see the ground, a grand job, and made sure not to harm the few plants I wanted to keep.
Grand job, cake seemed very poor reward! This afternoon I finished my pruning and clearing away. This evening I did do some watering with the cans.
Caroline sent me pictures of the two landscapes the people painted last week, now they have been fired. I think they are great and hope that they will be really pleased with them.
Will try to plod on with the gardens now, well, that is what ai think this evening!













2 comments:

  1. Definitely a gardening day then. Always good to have a bit of help and they seem to have made a good job of what they did. I'm sure the cake went down well after hard labour. Looks like you did a fair bit out there yourself. Hope you don't suffer for it tonight.
    The two plates look really nice after the firing. I'm sure they'll be really pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I will slowly get the garden on track, well at least more on track than of late. Will help when it isn’t quite so hot.

    ReplyDelete