Thursday 8 August 2024

Coffee morning and canal

This morning it was the coffee morning at St Lawrence’s church, Skipsea as it was St Lawrence’s day. Tina and I went along and we both won something on the raffle, I got what is suppose to be a bird nest but ai will use it as an indoor decoration and Tina got someJammy Dodgers! A photo of the bid nest teapot and an asparagus fern that I bought later into day.
From there we went to the Trout Inn near Driffield where we had lunch. I had trout fish cakes with a mixed salad, very nice too.
Then we had a wander along the canal, lots of pics, the water was very clear and I tried to catch the weed under the surface and to show how clear it was, but mostly just nice views.
We called in at a garden centre for a coffee on the way home and that is where I bought the fern.
Not much else to report, just Olympics and watering.
Visit and visitor day tomorrow.






























2 comments:

  1. What a nice day. Coffee morning and prizes is a good start to the day and I bet the trout fish cakes were good for lunch. They certainly sound very appetising. I quite like the bird nest teapot. It actually lends itself to the task quite nicely, although I’m sure it’ll look good indoors too.
    I do envy the walk along the canal. It’s very picturesque and just a very nice thing to do. Some nice pics.
    A reasonably easy day by your standards 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a really pleasant day despite have a spell of exceptionally painful legs in the morning. It was a short walk along the canal but it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete