Friday 23 August 2024

A tad windy

This morning I walked round to the computer shop to see if I could get and SD reader for the iPad. Karl, who owns the shop Sid he didn’t have them and I should get one on Amazon. He also said that they can be a bit dodgy and to read the reviews.  Took a photo on the way.
Coming back I noticed the wisteria plant, which has always been difficult to keep upright, wa blown down and on the drive. I was due to go and see Bel so I used some tubs and a dustbin to make a blockade to stop anyone driving over it. I also phoned Sher to see if Dve could spare. Bit of time to help me sort in out.
Bel was in good spirits nd demonstrated her new recliner/ riser chair which is helping her get up more easily when she has been sitting for a while.
When I came home I did some washing and a couple of chores, also phoned Jean to let her know that Terry wouldn’t be able to get the car round the drive today. But she actually decided not to come today, she has. Bad back and she is off to Scotland on Monday as her son is being installed as a bishop nest week. At about two Sher messaged to say Dave wa busy with customers in the shop so I went out to see if I could sort the wisteria myself. I had to do more bramble clearing and cut back a rose bush so that I could get to the wall. There are a few random nils in the wall and with picture wire and string I was trying to pin the plant back, each time I thought I was winning I turned my back and the wind had blown it down again. I did eventually get it to stay put, and it has stayed up for a few hours now, so fingers crossed I don’t find it on the drive again in the morning.
With Tina away and Darren out this evening I had to be downstairs to take the shopping delivery in. I roasted some veggies for my tea, cooked some new potatoes and made carrot, sweet potato and butternut squash soup. Will finish with three photos I didn’t take. One of Pandora hiding in the bushes taken by Tina, one of a topper spotted by Anya, and one of a secret location and photographer!!













2 comments:

  1. I'm not too sure what you mean by we reader, so I can't offer any advice on that.
    I like the first pic. It's good the church is raised as it is as it make for some great low level shots like that. Love the colours.
    You did a grand job reattaching the wisteria to the wall. Not an easy job to tackle on your own, but most jobs around there seem to fall into that category! Hopefully it'll stay in place now.
    That's a great topper spotted by Anya. I really like the view in that last mystery pic too. Maybe it was Banksy who took it 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. SD reader! That is weird, will correct it!
    I struggled with that wisteria, but still up the next morning, so all good!

    ReplyDelete