Thursday 15 August 2024

Snake and skunk

I will start with photos that Mike and Ann, the couple on the landscape workshop, sent to Caroline. They were delighted and their photos are better than the ones I posted yesterday.
Tina had an appointment early and then sorted some paperwork. Then we went and had lunch at a pub in Bridlington where Tina can claim a discount courtesy of Octopus energy. I had the vegan option, very tasty too.
It rained while we were in there but Tina had worked out that it should pass and we set off for Filey Bird park again. They hadn’t got out passes ready but recognised us. A lot of the animals seemed to be resting, but took some pics at the start.
More success when we got to the reptile house, a cute chameleon put on a show.
Great pics of the snake, especially the one where it opened its mouth wide.
We wandered on and took more photos.
We went to the cafe and had a drink, thought this was a great idea for an old shoe tack and some shoes.
Then we went for another wander. This lovely flower by the pond.
The staff were going to feed a couple of animals, the one I forget the name of that we watched last time, and then it was going to be the skunk. We just stayed by the skunk enclosure and got to see him with no one else around.
Forgot to say they had left the shed snake skin in the enclosure, which was interesting, and we passed the beautiful cat on the way ou.
I hosed the garden this evening and took a photo of this lovely double hollyhock.
The very large sunflower plant had blown over and snapped. The open head broke off but there are six more. It was quite wilted as you can see, but now, an hour or so later it is picking up, so fingers crossed.
Enough waffle for one day.






















































2 comments:

  1. I really do like the two plates. Those photos bring out the colour more. I'd be really pleased if I'd managed to produce something like that.
    Lunch looks lovely. That one isn't the vegan one is it? They look distinctly like juicy ribs to me 🙂
    I know you both like the bird park, and it always makes for some nice pics. Meerkats are funny things, cute though. The chamelion is nice. Very nsubtle colours. Now that'd look good painted on a plate.
    Wow, the snake really did open wide! Makes me want to yawn 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit impetuous and missed some of the pics. Definitely a good day for them today. I can see why you like going to see the animals. They have a good selection. The lorikeet is so colourful. Nature is good.
    The shoe rack planter is such a good idea. I would never have thought of that, but it looks great.
    I wonder if the snake skins get used for anything or if they just dispose of them. Don't suppose they turn out snake skin handbags for the gift shop!
    What a nice little trip out.

    ReplyDelete