Saturday 10 August 2024

Feeding time and mouse festival

The usual errands for a Saturday morning and then marathon cake feeding time.
Can’t get them all on the table in one go! A while after that set off with Tina to Skipsea church to go and support the ‘mouse festival’, a lot of mice and some very clever displays.
There was an area with pebbles and paints to decorate mice. Jean was there and wanted me to have a go, just picked a pebble and drew on it!
As we were leaving we went to say hello to the pigs in the field next to the church.
Did actually have a couple of spells in the back garden after lunch. The first hour I filled the garden cart with brambles, they are really taking over!
The second spell thought I had better start clearing a flower bed. You can see that I have hardly touched the beds since open gardens.
It really need all the plants being removed and thorough digging, that’s in an ideal world!
Will finish with a picture of my new t shirt that arrived today. Going to hose the garden when we finish watching todays Olympic finals.






































2 comments:

  1. Feeding those cakes looks like such a chore, but it's what makes them so good, and last a long time, which they never get chance to do!
    I think the mouse festival is such a great idea. People have made a lot of effort with the displays. I think it's brilliant.
    The garden is such a nightmare to keep tidy, but I really can't imagine digging the plants out, digging it and weeding it, then replanting! I think concrete is the answer πŸ™‚
    The t-shirt is spot on for you, I love it πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mouse festival was fun, one of the ladies at Skipsea church is very keen to put things on and get people into the church.
    Maybe now I have got out into the garden once, Iwill get out there more often again, we will see, pain and hot weather have put a stop to things, need to get more active againl

    ReplyDelete