Tuesday 20 August 2024

Fighting with weed suppressant!

I went to the bank at nine and the system was down so I couldn’t get any cash, so said I would call back later. 
I went out to start tidying up the area round the bay tree, starting with the fairly garden part.
I had bought new weed suppressant yesterday so first I had to move all the houses and pavers and pull up the old weed control. Plenty of large stones to move too!
Then clear all the rubbish and make sure it was relatively flat with nothing protruding to pierce the fabric. Then fighting with the wind and working out how to put something straight round a curved bed! I didn’t lay the last lot and have never done it before. But it is done, to a fashion and Tina has said we will get something to put on top, but not until she is back from her retreat.
I went down to the bank again and then got lunch ready. I wore the Rubik Cube earrings and really made the day of the bank ladies, and a couple of other people commented.
Tina had an appointment for her pneumonia vaccination this afternoon at the Boots in a shopping area in Hull. Lots of discount shops there, it was really good. I got another little fairy house for £3.99, I have put it out with the others.
Going to go out and water the gardens now.










2 comments:

  1. The title says it all, and I bet it was a fight too 🙂 You do get some jobs to do, but I have to say you’ve made a grand job of it. I hope it doesn’t get too windy before Tina gets back, otherwise it could end up in the road with various rocks scattered everywhere. You’d definitely swear then 😂
    The extra new fairy house will be the one that holds it all in place 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite tired, but pretty pleased when it was done. When I started I thought it might be a step too far for me, but nothing if not stubborn!
    At least the fairy house should get swallowed up by weeds for a while now!

    ReplyDelete