Monday 30 September 2024

What’s that you said?

Today was the day to collect the hearing aids, and to say I have not been looking forward to it would be an understatement. The rain had arrived before I left and I had a bit of time to go for a coffee before going to my appointment. The lady was very nice, and patient as I rally couldn’t get the hang of inserting then to start. But did get there in the end! They are very discrete and I have kept them in all day. I have the tv on now and have the volume several notches lower. Can also hear okay on the phone.so, at the moment far more likely to stick with them than I thought I would be.
I had a bit of time after my appointment so I did go for a bit of lunch and then to a shop where I saw a sign that I liked last week. It made me smile nd most crafters would find it funny.
I caught the bus home and as it was still raining did a couple of chores. Tasted watchng some tv and using the telephone. So far so good.
The real test will be getting them in again in the morning,




2 comments:

  1. Pardon ๐Ÿ™‚
    Really pleased you’ve got on well with the hearing aids. They are extremely discreet. If I didn’t know you were wearing them I doubt I would have noticed them in the pic. I’m sure you’ll soon get the hang of putting them in. It’ll just be another daily routine. It certainly seems like they are helping. You’ll be able to eavesdrop on conversations so much easier now, just turn the volume up a notch ๐Ÿ˜‚
    The sign is very appropriate to most people who craft in one way or another. It’s certainly appropriate for you, and for me for that matter!
    Quite an eventful day for you. Hopefully you’ll sleep well to round it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day was certainly better than I had anticipated that’s for sure, despite the rain. Will see how I get on with the aids in a while.
    Love the sign.

    ReplyDelete