Saturday 28 September 2024

Hull and moving branches

I will start with a photo of the mummy mug that I finished for a man at the pottery on Wednesday. I asked Caroline to send me a photo as it is being collected on Sunday.
This morningI caught a fairly early bus into Hull as there were a couple of things I wanted that I can’t get locally or in Beverley. I took this photo when the bus stopped, it was at the side of a home appliance shop and I think it is a great image.
I was less time in Hull than the time I was on the bus journeys, but I got what I went in for  and was home by one. Darren had left early to collect  Tina from Manchester airport. They got home a bit before me but Tina had gone for a lie down as it had been a very long journey.  I did take another picture from the bus on the way home s there was a very nice classic car in one of the villages.
I have had a chat with Tina, she had a lovely time, and I got some pressies. The photo doesn’t do the colour of the cap justice as it is a very vivid orange!
I love the earrings and of course the cap is great, I have quite a collection.
This afternoon I moved the branches of the pruned filled tree into the back garden and onto the burning heap. It took four wheelbarrow loads!
Have enjoyed Strictly this evening and will hopefully go to the boot sale in the morning,








2 comments:

  1. I love the mug, it turned out very well. He'll be chuffed with that. You always enjoy going to Hull even if it is a short trip. You also manage to find different things to photograph too. The image on the wall is very clever. Bet it took a while to do. The car is in extremely good condition. It looks like an old Vauxhall to me. I bet it's great to ride around in that.
    Glad to hear Tina had a good time. I like your pressies. The ladies in the post office will like them too I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny you mentioned the earrings and the hub ladies as in Lush today a lady who I had seen once before said she recognised me because I wear cute earrings!
    I have looked at the image before but today the bus shopped opposite internet for people to get on so I had time to take a picture. The car did look in gret condition, would be good to have a ride out in it.

    ReplyDelete