Friday 27 September 2024

Bit of variety

I went to the banking hub early and had a laugh with the ladies there. They called out ‘what are you wearing today’ meaning what earrings. A man at the counter looked perplexed so they told him that I was their ‘not normal’ customer! Think he was even more perplexed then! 
I went off to see Bel this morning as usual, stopped to look at the folly on the way, just an usual thing to have on your doorstep. She was okay, but is definitely slowing down and finding things more difficult. She had got a lady to go and do a bit of cleaning for her now, and the first session went well.
When I got home the post had been nd my spider stamps and post cards had arrived. They are brilliant, I haven’t looked t the postcards yet, but there will be on of each of the stamps.
I had a letter to post but had to go to the post office as I had miss3d the only collection in the town. I came back via the sea front, and the sea was very foamy and lovely. The wind was gale force so it was pretty cold, had to hang onto my hat!
There are a lot of leaves down with the wind and also a lot of twigs down on lawn. The leaves in the walled garden make the weeds less obvious.
I gathered up the bigger twigs and put them on the burning heap.
I thought I would feed the cakes and then remembered I needed more brandy. As I walked up the drive I realised a tree that is part dead was uprooted and part of it was hanging over the drive. Luckily I have some strong loppers and cut the overhanging branches off. Quite a pile to take to the burning pile tomorrow!
Fed the cakes this evening as I am thinking of going into Hull in the morning.


















2 comments:

  1. Your days are always so full, and varied! Never a dull moment. Viewing follies, which I would love to have in my garden, visiting, seeing the sea and of course tree lopping! I don’t know where you find the time, energy or inclination! The sea looks great when it’s stirred up like that. I don’t really know what the draw is, but I’d happily walk along there every day and every condition and enjoy it. Shame that the same wind that stirred up the sea also decided to create a bit of havoc in your garden. It’s a good job you can turn your hand to most jobs, and have the tools to make it a bit easier. What you need is a big strong man around the house….oh yes, you’ve got one haven’t you? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree lopping made the day different, good job I had the bigger loppers that could cur through quite thick branches.
    The see was lovely yesterday, love it when it is lively.

    ReplyDelete