Tuesday 24 September 2024

Short and not so sweet

I was at the shop today. The alarm didn’t sound right when I put the code in and then it started to bleep, tried again and it bleeped more! Had to text Sher who told me to press a button for thirty seconds and then try again. No change. So intermittent bleeping all day. I was worried about closing the shop as I didn’t know if the alarm was on or off! Sher messaged to say leave it and just lock up, so I did. The shop was really dead for the first couple of hours and I had taken my pick up and cleaning stuff but forgot to take something to do. So back to my childhood it was, we used to see how many words we could find in Constantinople. So that is what I did but words with four letters or more. Managed about 280 by the end of the day!
Did get a few customers in the afternoon so it was worth opening. That is my days done now, but it means I will be able to je out again if they are struggling.
This evening I have visited Sarah and David and herd the tales of their latest trip with the usual traumas.
Bit heady tonight so just taking it easy, at the pottery tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun day…beep beep….It doesn’t sound like it’s the first that problem has occurred with the alarm, as they seemed to recognise it when you got in touch. Never mind, you coped with it. A lot of people would have gone to pieces 🙂 It’s all good experience for when you do it again, which I’m sure you will at some point. It’s nice they have someone they can rely on if the need occurs …beep beep….
    Not surprised you’re feeling heady. It’s all those words! Not sure if you can use Constantinople as it doesn’t exist anymore. Next time use Antidisestablishmentarianism. You’ll get a few more words out of that. Plus it’s meaning is quite appropriate 😊
    Sarah and David are always out and about somewhere. Alright for some.
    Enjoy some pottery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to quite enjoy finding words when I was a kid and still do now, but two and three letter words were allowed when I was small.
    Overall Ienjoyed the stints in the shop so would be happy to do the odd day now if needed.

    ReplyDelete