Wednesday 18 September 2024

Fairly busy day

I got a few chores done then set off to walk to Freeport. Spent a few hours with Caroline making items from clay for a workshop she is going to do for the local youth club. Caroline had to break for a while for a business meeting but I just carried on. We made quite a collection.
Some were trickier than others and still a bit of a learning curve for me. 
The frogs we made a few weeks ago have been bisque fired now, so  I will paint that next time I am at the pottery and not making clay items.
We were working on until gone three so Caroline gave me a lift home. I got dinner started and made some rock cakes, a very long while since I made them. Then I made one of my healthy tray bakes but this time used peanut butter instead of the apricots as the filling. It is still cooling so haven’t tried it yet.
Evening chores done and an easy time now. May do a bit more to the jigsaw later.
Will finish with a picture that Darren took at Burton Constable. Not often you get to see a moonrise.









3 comments:

  1. Blimey, you were busy! There’s a fair collection of bits there and they all look like they’ll be fun to paint. I quite like the robin and mistletoe plaque. I assume it’s mistletoe? The frog is cute, I’ll look forward to seeing that painted. All that and baking too. I bet Darren will be happy to finish a few of those off. The tray Bake sounds nice.
    I like Darren’s picture. As you say a moonrise makes a good subject.
    Enjoy your evening relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The robin and mistletoe one is cute, we thought the older girls might like that one. We may make some more next week as she has an adult class to prepare for too. Have tried the tray bake now and it tastes pretty good, was going to try and add a picture, but can’t see how to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind, add it tomorrow. I thought it might taste good 😊

    ReplyDelete