Sunday 15 September 2024

Boot sale and thinking about gardening!

Darren took me to the boot sale this morning as usual, not quite so busy now and it was quite chilly today. We had a good wander round and bought a few bits. I got a small step stand for a pound, no photo but it will be useful next time I am I the shop as the bar stool type chair is no comfortable for me and it is that or nothing. The step will mean I can have my feet on it and be more comfortable. I also got a proper Stanley knife with five blades that Darren spotted as I was telling him I need one for cutting mounts the other day. Now to the photos, a brilliant mug which will make me smile when I am having a cuppa soup on the winter evenings and a sweet little bird. Also a most beautiful little hand made bag and just £2, so well made.
I was getting dinner for lunchtime today as Tina had an evening service. So I nipped to Botany to see the lass holding the fort today as I had forgotten something, then went to the shop before getting on in the kitchen. After dinner I thought I would get started on clearing the area in the tap on the front garden as I intend to use the rest of the chippings there. I cut down the thistles and was just starting to try and dig them out when the rain arrived, so not as much as I had intended for done!
I got a jigsaw out and made a start. This one is quite different as it is a watercolour so very subtle colours.
Watching a episode of Grace this evening. Really enjoyed the Strictly result show yesterday, so that’s the next few Saturday evenings sorted.












2 comments:

  1. Glad the weather held out for the boot sale. I do like seeing the bargains you find. A good set of them this week too. The mug is brilliant, I love it 😊🐑 The soup will taste so much better in that 🙂 The bag was a real bargain. It’s lovely and a lot of work has gone into it. At least you’ll appreciate how much went into it. I’m not so sure about the Stanley knife. I know what you’re like with sharp knives and picture mounts. 🤕 Yes I know it should be a hand bandaged, but I couldn’t find one 🤣
    You still managed to fit a bit of gardening around your normal household duties. Maybe the rain was a good thing.
    I hope the jigsaw does prove to be as hard as some of those others you did!
    I may have to watch bits of this years Strictly to see how the comedian you told me about does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad day when I read my entry, bargains and a bit of variety. Must put cuppa soups on the shopping list!
    No rain in sight today at the moment, so may get into the garden, will see how the legs are inn a bit.

    ReplyDelete