Sunday 22 September 2024

Autumn bugs

Went to the boot sale with Darren early as usual. It was very cold today and not as many stalls, and our usual  breakfast place was closed! I spent a grand total of £1.50! The pound was for poo bags, I use them when I clear the litter trays. The fifty pence was for this little cutie!
I had a chat with Anya and then went out to mow the lawns in the front garden. I wasn’t really in the mood but was glad when they were done.
After lunch I did get the weeding truck out to try using it. It will be helpful although made me use different muscles propelling it along! I couldn’t did the small plants up a I intended because the ground wA too hard, the Ron skipped us gain! When I was pulling it back to the store one of the wheels fell off! After a few minutes searching I hound a fixing on but thought I was missing a bolt. More searching , then looked t the wheel shaft again and realised it pulled out and had a hole on it for the pin!
The good part of going out was to see how the insects liked the fading alliums, I won’t pull them up for now.













2 comments:

  1. It’s been horrid here most of the day, so you’ve done well to get out and do so much. I see you manage to buy a very useful fluffy item from the boot sale! Well worth the trip 😂 I hope you got breakfast somewhere else?
    I can’t believe it’s been nice enough for you to get out into the garden. It’s definitely not a lawn mowing day here! As you say it’s a good feeling to get them out the way, even if it’s only for a little while. Glad you didn’t end up with an unusable truck after its first outing. I hope you checked the other wheels too.
    The alliums definitely attract the insects. If think they actually look quite nice in the dying off stage anyway. Good reason to leave them a bit longer.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the alliums ar quit attractive as thy are dying off, and obviously still have something nutritious for the bugs.
    The rest of pins on the truck ar in place…..for now!

    ReplyDelete