Sunday 8 September 2024

No boot sale, but breakfast with Darren and sewing!

It was wet and miserable this morning, and Darren as going to Burton Constable again later in the morning, so we went and had breakfast at Mondo’s just down th road. I had cooked some damsons a couple of days ago so made a crumble this morning ready for later.
Darren went off and ai had lunch with Tina when she came in.
Yesterday I cut out sen material to make a large stuffed Christmas tree. Today I started by sewing the six pieces into three sections and turned them out and pressed them.
Then had to line them up and sew them together down the centre.
The stuffing took hours and used over a large bag of the filling! Then had to finish off the open edges at the bottom. Finished about six in time to get the dinner cooked as we were eating later this evening.
I assembled the new Gtec as Tina ordered it and the old one will go across to the church. The new one is a bit upgraded and it cleared up the sewing debris very well.
I did catch up with some tv while making the tree, so now watching the next episode of Grace.








2 comments:

  1. Breakfast with Darren was good even if you didn’t get to the boot sale. Hopefully you’ll get there next week.
    You do pick some arduous projects. The Christmas tree looks good, but such a lot of work! You’re a glutton for punishment 🙂 It does look great though, and it’s very unusual.
    The new Gtec is very posh, and looks very modern too. I know you liked the other one a lot, and I also like the one I have. Yours gets way more use than mine so you’re definitely do an upgrade.
    Hope your night is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look posh and has a self cleaning filter!
    Stuffing the tree was more challenging tha I anticipated, but I really like the result.

    ReplyDelete