Tuesday 3 September 2024

Baking and clothes cull

Apart from going to the post box early and the shop a bit later, and watering the bonsai trees I have had a day indoors. Didn have the inclination to get into the garden. I had a courgette that needed using and Tina brought some home from the eco garden on Saturday. So I managed to find the courgette cake recipe and started grating those courgettes! They turned out well, strange how the courgette seems to disappear, so you rally wouldn’t know there was vegetable on it.
I cooked up some cabbage and celery and made Tina and ai a sort of bubble and squeak for our lunch, as ai had some cooked new potatoes in the fridge.
I have tried to catch some of the Paralympics during the day and have seen us get another good this evening. 
I managed to order the cook book that ai had borrowed from Sarah, it hasn’t arrived yet but ai had copied a few recipes. I decided to make the  ‘healthy apricot slices’ this afternoon, using oats and wholemeal flour and less sugar. My dried apricots were quite hard so the slices were falling apart a bit when I cut the block up, but they are very tasty.
I am doing a clothes cull while still keeping up with the action at the Paralympics, going to have a large bag full to take to the charity shop.
Will finish with a sunset that came up in my Google photos memories.







2 comments:

  1. Courgette cake is good and as you say they disappear. I used to make tomato soup cake and you never would have known it was in it 🙂 Very moist though. Definitely a healthy cooking day for you with the healthy apricot slices too. They look very tasty. I really should get back into baking, I used to enjoy it. Can’t be bothered these days though ☹️
    I remember that sunset pic. It’s a cracker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookery book should arrive soon so will probably try a couple more recipes.
    Seems ages since we were in Scarborough and the amazing skies were almost daily!

    ReplyDelete