Friday 6 September 2024

Visits and shop training!

I went along to the banking hub before visiting Bel. The lady in there loves seeing my earrings so I try to wear unusual ones when I go there. Today it was the colourful safety pins and she asked if she could take a photo and share it on their Facebook page! That was a fun start to the day. When I got back I took a photo of the diamond art picture which I attempted to get framed last night, I did cut a mount, but not very well as I haven’t got a Stanley knife now so I used one of the disposable blade knives which are too bendy, so not a great mount. Have enough card to do another one when I get a better knife.
Bel was okay today, she is finding everything a bit more difficult now but we had a look at her latest jigsaw puzzle. 
I popped indoors briefly and then went over to Botany Boutique for my lesson on all things I need to know when I cover a few days when they are on holiday. Went through the routine of opening, where all the light switches are etc and had some practice on taking payments. Going in again tomorrow for more practice but feeling fairly confident now,
Jean came round for a visit this afternoon and she was n good form telling me about her trip to Scotland and being there for her son’s consecration as a bishop.
This evening I decided to walk to the front and have a pensioners fish and chips as we didn’t have take away last night. So will finish with some sea pics.

















2 comments:

  1. Weill if the lady likes your odd earrings you have plenty to keep her amused for a long time to come 🙂 You’ll be the famous earring lady on Facebook!
    I think your diamond art frame looks fine, but it’s hard to tell from a pic. Just try not to slice lumps out your finger if you cut another one out! I know what you’re like cutting mounts 😳🙂
    Glad you’re looking forward to some shopkeeping. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
    The sea looks decidedly wintery in those pics. Lots of spray. Definitely makes the fish and chips taste better 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mound is a bit rough, but at last the picture is protected now.
    Quite a bit to remember in the shop. But once you know, you know and the trade is usually steady rather than manic.
    The sea was lovely in the sun yesterday evening.

    ReplyDelete