Wednesday 25 September 2024

Lots of pottery painting

I went and posted a letter early on and then did a couple of chores before walking up to the pottery studio. I got there before Caroline today which was unusual. We decided to start by painting the frogs that we made a few weeks ago.
That was fun to paint. The cup and saucer I painted as a sample because it had a chip had been fired, that worked quite well.
Caroline had made a highland cow a while ago, she didn’t fancy painting it so asked me. I could see why when I started, managed not to break too many strands in the process!
A couple had been in with their little girl on her birthday, the father started painting a mummy mug but hadn’t got very far when they were ready to go, so I ended up finishing it off for him. Of course, he wasn’t keeping the bandage all one colour, he had decided on three!
One of the plaques I made last week got damaged at the back in the kiln. The damaged area looked a bit like a butterfly so I painted it with some of my left over colours.
Then I decorated the front of the plaque with the underglaze pencils. Will be interesting to see how that comes out.
Caroline gave me a lift home and apart from getting dinner not planning to do much else.
Tina has been at a game reserve today so I will finish with the photos she sent.

























2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of painting today. i really like the little bee sitting with the frog. Very cute. The cup and saucer came out well too. you'd probably get a headache drinking your tea out of that, it's very psychedelic! The cow is a total nightmare! I think I would have passed that on for someone else to do too. It's very cute though. I quite like the mummy mug too. Some good stuff today. I like the plaque you've done with the pencils. I'll be interested to see how that comes out too. A busy, but productive day for you.
    Poor old Tina, having to suffer all that. My heart bleeds for her 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a lot of painting today, lots to look forward to when fired. May not see the mummy mug as they are hoping to collect it on Sunday.
    It has made me really tired today, but I was working in the shop yesterday.
    Certainly Tina has had a great outing today.

    ReplyDelete