Wednesday 4 September 2024

Studio and keeping Tina company

I walked up to Freeport this morning, my knee had been sore but it didn’t make it any worse which was a bonus. Caroline and I had planned to do some clay work but I was only going to be there a couple of hours and she was feeling a bit under the weather today. I got around to sharpening the underglaze pencils with a craft knife last night. Caroline had tried with a pencil sharpener and it wasn’t successful, and ai used to sharpen pencils with a knife many years ago so said I would take them home a sharpen them.
Maybe I will try using them next week. I spotted a koi carp, a large piece today, but also very expensive, but it would be fab to do. Didn’t take a photo but will try to remember next time I go. I helped Caroline sort the fridge out and display more cakes and then she asked if I would try and copy a small dragon that had got broken before firing! It was one to be sent away so she couldn’t ask the family to come in and paint it again! Made a fairly good attempt, but didn’t take pics.
Tina came for me just after twelve and I went with her to Hull Royal. Big trouble getting the car park ticket, so while she went to her appointment I went off to try and get the ticket so that she didn’t get a fine. Took a couple of photos of pictures in the hospital.
We stopped at Tesco on the way back and Tina got some bug spray for her trip and I got a jar of chai latte mix!
Back to the Paralympics this evening, another gold already.






2 comments:

  1. Freeport is a long walk with a sore knee! You do very well to keep doing it, but as they say “use it or lose it”. In my case I’d have lost it by now 😊 A bitty day at the pottery, but the koi carp sounds like it might be a good project. I’ll look forward to seeing that one. Very expensive doesn’t sound good though! The redoing of the broken dragon sounds like a good job too. You’re definitely a handy person to have around the place
    I bet the car park was one of these that you can only do it by phone! Whatever happened to just putting good old money in them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have definitely proved to be useful at the pottery.
    The phone app wouldn’t take the payment and we were running late with the pay station in the wrong direction! You could pay by card when I found the pay station, but it was anything but straightforward to use!

    ReplyDelete