Saturday 14 September 2024

Day one as shopkeeper

This morning I went to get the lunch rolls as usual then got ready to go and open the shop. Got in okay, sorted the alarm and after a little while had everything up and running. I have a good set of instructions so should be able to sort most things out. The shop had been closed for a few days and quite a lot of the plants were in need of a drink and a bit of tender loving care! I did wear the brooch Tina got me that say The boos! Took a couple of selfies, as you do!
I got on with watering and removing dead leaves and had a few customers and managed to take the payments, so all good. I did do a quick sketch in a quiet spell.
Did get a couple of messages from Sher during the day, they have been travelling through France and arrived at their holiday home this afternoon. Looks like a fabulous place to stay for a bit.
It was the St Nicholas Horticultural and craft show today and we entered the tree. I got a third place!
Was pretty tired when I got home so haven’t done a great deal, and really enjoying the Strictly launch show now.








2 comments:

  1. You do have lots of strings to your bow 🙂 It's a good job you can turn your hand to most things. I'm sure Sher is happy to know you'll be taking good care of it for her. It looks a nice shop from what I can see in the background. Definitely lots of watering!
    The holiday home looks lovely. I could live somewhere like that.Third place in a competion too. It's without doubt be a good day 🙂 I hope your evening is good and you're managing to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty good day, and will be less anxious when I go again on Tuesday.
    Only entered the tree at the last minute so that was nice too.
    And Strictly this evening, so a good end to the day too.

    ReplyDelete