Wednesday 11 September 2024

Walking and pottery

An early walk to the post box, and then called in at the church to see Jean before walking up to Freeport. The knee was sore today but walking doesn’t seem to make it any worse. The studio was quiet today as the children re back at school. The little trinket dish I made a couple of weeks go at a clay session has been bisque fired and is now on the shelf for someone to buy and paint, hopefully!
There was a box of chipped and damaged items and Rob asked if I wanted to paint one of those as a sample. I chose a cup and saucer and hope it will be fun when it is fired.
I walked home a well today and called in at Tesco on the way back. Went to have lunch with Tina, Rosie and Hattie which was unexpected and very nice. Then went with Tina to Beverley as she wanted  to collect a ring and get her dollars to take to Zimbabwe. So a bit more walking, so not doing much this evening. It was hailing as we left for Beverley and some amazing skies, so will finish with a couple, the second one is out of focus but will add it anyway!









2 comments:

  1. A fair few steps for you today the. Certainly more than I’ve done!
    The little trinket dish is lovely. It’s amazing what you can make with a small piece of clay. Hopefully someone will buy it and paint it. It is nearly Halloween after all. The cup and saucer are very funky. The trouble is if it was mine. I would have to line the cup up with the saucer every time I put it down 😊
    An unexpected lunch is always nice. And it was a nice little group to have it with. Won’t be long now before the Rev is off to Zimbabwe. I bet she’s really looking forward to it.
    I really like the first of the two pics. Great sky and silhouette.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice day with plenty of exercise and no gardening.
    Painting the cup and saucer was different, I think it will look good when fired.
    The sky was stunning this evening.

    ReplyDelete