Sunday 1 September 2024

Out and about and snap happy!

We arrived at the boot sale a bit earlier than usual and had a good wander round. We spotted this amazing garden ‘sit and weed’, never seen anything like it before. Darren told me to try sitting on it and it is really stable and I should up unaided from it with no trouble. The guy wanted £20 for it and Darren bought it for me. Will try and sort a place for storing it tomorrow as it is too heavy to lift anywhere.
When we left we drove to Burton Constable without going home. Darren was in good time to help set up for the ‘have a go’ session. I went for a walk mine grounds and then sat in the orangery and did a sketch.
There was an artist displaying her abstract coastal paintings. Two pics of the paintings and one a selection of her preparatory samples.
Then I wandered off to see the classic cars.
We were home early afternoon, Darren had enjoyed the session with the archers. Had a fairly quiet afternoon and caught up with the Paralympics. After dinner Tina fancied a bit of fresh air, so will finish with a couple of shots from Mappleton.











































3 comments:

  1. What a great day! The truck is brilliant. I’ve never seen anything like that either. I’m sure it’ll prove a very useful bit of kit. Could even make weeding a pleasure πŸ™‚
    Burton Constable is a nice place. Lots of things to photograph, specially with the car show on today too. My favourite is the grey mini pickup truck. I’d love to own that. I wasn’t too keen on the artists abstract paintings. I like to see good old paintings with “proper” colours. I’m just an old cuddly duddy I suppose 😊 I very much like your drawing of the lemon tree though. That would be very nice on a notelet.
    Mappleton was a nice finish to the day. You definitely need more days like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not cuddly duddy, definitely a fuddy duddy πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Mimi pick up was unusual, I like the old
    Austin’s as well.
    The garden weeder is so sturdy, I think it will be a real asset.
    Nice grounds to have a wander, and I like to sit and relax in the orangery.

    ReplyDelete