Sunday 29 September 2024

Boot sale and a bit of gardening

We went off to the boot sale as usual, very chilly this morning but quite a lot of stall holders. I didn’t buy anything today except breakfast. Just as well as I have been getting a pile of stuff ready for boot sale or charity shop myself! We did enjoy wandering round as usual and Darren did get a few bits. Chatted to Anya and did a couple of chores when we got home.
Took a picture of the sky while we were there.

After lunch I went out into the garden to dig up some of the plants that I couldn’t shift the other day when it was so dry. They are brunera, which have a flower like a forget me not but very flamboyant leaves. They also spread like a weed, so I needed to remove some of the smaller ones as they were getting too close to the edge. I did dig over where they had been as the ground was full of root runners. Also dug up some bulbs so had to get them back in! That bit of the bed looks tidier now and I had a trug full of plants to pot up.
So then I went into the greenhouse and potted them. I have promised Sher some as she liked the leaves when she came to the open garden. I am sure I can find places or recipients for the rest.
Felt a bit tired when I came in and caught the second half of The Sound of Music Live. Lovely acting and singing, really enjoyed it.
Had a shower after dinner and watched the Strictly result show. Nothing else planned.






2 comments:

  1. Nice sky this morning, but bargains thin on the ground. It’s not like you not to find at least one bargain! Still it’s good if you’re decluttering at the moment.
    At least the weather was kind and the soil soft for the tidying up in the garden. You do have a lot of plants to either give away or find homes for in the garden. Good job it’s big enough to take them all 🙂 Good to spread them around Hornsea too 💐
    Not surprised you’re tired, even a little bit of gardening is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chilly but dry yesterday and the ground was digable! Probably no such word but explains the situation!
    Dry again today which is good, as off to Beverley later.

    ReplyDelete