Saturday 7 September 2024

Getting up to scratch

This morning I got some washing done early and went to the shop as usual and fed the cakes. Managed to catch up with Paralympic news before heading round to Botany Boutique for a bit more instruction. Not too bad and did take both card and cash payments. Went all around the shop again with Dave getting reminders about al the light switches etc. Sher called in and had bought me a badge to where when I am manning the shop!
It absolutely tipped down with rain for quite a while which hadn’t been forecast.
When I finished at the shop I went to Boyes to get some toy stuffing as I have a pattern and material to make a Christmas tree ornament that caught my eye. So got cutting out a bit this afternoon.
There was a wedding at the church this afternoon and it isn every day you have a really lovely vintage wedding car parked on your drive!
I bought a peace lily at Botany and did do a line drawing of it while watching the Paralympics. Finishes tomorrow 😢










2 comments:

  1. I love the badge. You should wear it when you're at home too! You'll fine with everything regarding running the shop by the sounds of it. It'll keep you out of mischief at least 🙂
    I though you meant an ornament to hang on the tree. I was thinking it looked rather large, then I realised by the shape that it was actually a tree. So an ornament of a tree rather than a tree ornament. Or then again......🙂
    That's a very nice car. Ideal to pop to the shops in.
    The peace lily drawing is nice. Another for the notelet collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a while since I have done sketches over a few days.m will endeavour to keep it up as feeling really confident using the pen not a pencil.
    Yes, a great badge, didn’t wear it today as ai was with Dave, that would have been cheeky!
    Fabulous car for the wedding, what a shame the weather was pretty horrid.

    ReplyDelete