Monday 1 July 2024

Trying to get motivated

Went out in the garden, well, the walled garden, as there were so many sycamore saplings and nettles behind the stone bench that 
Darren’s large bonsai trees on the bench were becoming overwhelmed..
The bench doesn’t move so when I hd done some cutting back I got in behind it. Getting out over the debris was a challenge!
I need to get digging out roots behind the bench at some point, but once I had cleared up thought that was enough gardening for today!
After lunch I went to Boyes as I wanted some carbon paper. Had to buy a receipt book to get some! This afternoon I set about drawing a couple of designs for the coasters. I probably could have h found some already drawn on line, but where is the challenge in that?

Transferred the designs onto tiles and painted them, now sure how easy it will be to get other people painting them.
I visited Sarah and David this evening, heard about their latest trip, this time to Ireland.
I finished my novel today so will probably start on the autobiography later.
Meant to post a pics of the dragon lamp lit but in a dark room.

















2 comments:

  1. Oh my, the garden is definitely punishing you for daring to go away! Even a bit that size is more than enough to tackle at a time. Such a small part of the overall nightmare though 😳☹️ I’m pleased you’re stopping sooner these days and not totally working yourself into the ground. Just do what you can when you can. The rest can sort itself out.
    I do like the patterned tiles. They shouldn’t prove to be a problem for novices. I’d have thought they might be a bit easier than most things.
    The lamp does look so good. Maybe not to be used for a bedside light though. If you woke up to that glowing by your bed it’d frighten you to death 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am trying not to be so active and rest with the legs up more. Trying to get the right balance is proving difficult.
    Had bad dreams about the pottery workshop last night, hope it’s not an omen !

    ReplyDelete