Saturday 27 July 2024

Cakes and grass!

It has been a full day, but not in the least exciting! I was up early as I was uncomfortable in bed so got on with getting cakes into the oven. Because I got them cooking early I managed a couple more cooking sessions and have six cakes today cooked and wrapped. While the third batch as cooking I went out and mowed the front lawn, really didn’t feel like it but it is supposed to get hotter over the next few days and it has been over a week since I cut it.
The possibility of a shower didn’t materialise so have been out to water the bonsai trees and to up the bird baths.
I have got the ingredients ready for the last four cakes tomorrow and have lined two of the tins. I ordered to small square tins so that the dairy free and vegan cakes are different! The tins have arrived but want to get my feet up so will line them tomorrow.
Haven’t taken any photos today but will do one of a piece I bought to pint at the pottery on Wednesday. Another one they didn’t want me to do as a sample as they only have three, but I think I can have fun with it.
We plan to go to the boot sale tomorrow so ai will get up early and get the first two cakes ready to go on the oven before we leave.
Enjoying a bit of the Olympics now.



2 comments:

  1. If you were only baking one cakes, as normal people do, then it wouldn't have been such a full day. But what is "normal" anyway? 😂
    I think the indian chief will be a good piece to paint. Very colourful I'm guessing. It's a job to estimate the size of it from the pic.
    Hope it stays dry for booting tomorrow. I wonder what bargains you uncover this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Indian head is only 6 or 7 inches long, so will need to take care. Last batch of cakes today.

    ReplyDelete