Sunday 28 July 2024

Boot sale and more cakes!

I was up at six to get todays Christmas cakes underway before we headed off to the boot sale. Two cakes in the oven and we set off. Very busy today and very hot. I got a lovely little sign for a pound and as this is the year I am endeavouring to be upbeat whatever comes along it seems appropriate.
I think I mentioned that my shopping trolley is splitting, and once you start sticking plastic it doesn’t usually end well! I have been thinking of getting another one and I spotted a nice looking one as we started out but walked on. Before we left we went back to the stall and asked house much it’s was. He said a fiver and that it hadn’t been used, I really like the design so think I got myself a bargain.
I got on with getting the next two cakes ready so that they could go in when the first two came out. The last two I made in the new square tins and one had to be dairy free for my niece and the other one vegan for a friend! So I had to use egg replacement for the first time, ground flax seed and. water!
Pics of them still in the tins and turned out. They look okay but the proof of the pudding is in the eating! The vegan one is to the left, and they are both clearly marked now they are coo and wrapped.

The vegan one is to the right. That is thirteen cakes made in the last three days, and the tins are packed away again now.
I felt more inclined to get on today so I got tidying in the kitchen and sorted some stuff to go to the charity shop. Also got the left over ingredients into containers. I should explain that last night I went back to sleeping on the recliner after a terrible week on the bed. Obviously not ideal, but I did keep better so felt a bit livelier today.
I watched bits of the Grand Prix and Olympics now and again while clearing and getting dinner. Went out and watered the trees after dinner before coning upstairs to relax and have my feet up. Took a pic of the hollyhocks whilst in the garden.
Enjoying McDonLd and Dodds now.










1 comment:

  1. Glad to have the cakes made. Have just added the second pic of the cakes!
    Definitely not ideal on the chair, but if it’s better I will go with it.

    ReplyDelete