Tuesday 30 July 2024

Too hot to bother

Bank and shops fairly early today, Carol wa coming in the afternoon to cut my hair. Got a load of washing done including bedding and it dried nicely outside today. I did a bit more sorting in the kitchen and think I may make another two small Christmas cakes with the ingredients that are left, may hve to top up a couple of things.

I have done a bit more reading and have been sorting cards as August is a heavy birthday month for me,m

Carol came round and cut my hair which I am pleased with as usual. After tea I went out and hosed the garden, first time I have used it for a while nd a few plants were beginning to wilt.

A plant that I have had for years, but just didn’t get new leaves I took from the pot weeks ago and decided to try hydroponics. Still nothing doing for a while but now it has two new leaves and I think a couple more starting to shoot.mI changed the water and washed the roots yesterday.
Some pics from the garden. Although getting very weedy the plants are doing well.
Will finish with a Google photos memory.
















2 comments:

  1. An average sort of day for you then. You always seem to get lots done. I always feel terribly lazy after reading your blog entries!
    More Christmas cakes! Saves wasting ingredients though. Do you have homes for them, or are they”emergency” Christmas cakes?
    I’m not surprised the garden needed a good hosing. I think I could have done with one myself today. It’s been a scorcher!
    The garden is still looking nice, even with the odd weed and the dry ground. The bees appreciate it at least.
    Very nice old sunset there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overcast today so should be a bit cooler, off to the pottery but no plans for what I will be doing, so will wait and see.
    The gard3n plants have survived pretty well without water so far!

    ReplyDelete