Friday 19 July 2024

Long, hot day

I will start with a couple if pics from yesterday. One from Tina that she took when I rested after out trip to Scarborough. Pandora had been out all day and soon found my lap! The second one from Mike taken in the Westgate Arcade in Peterborough.
This morning I was out of the house at seven to catch the bus into Hull. It was  already warm then and the day got very hot. The trains were both on time and the journey went well, with Anya coming to meet me at the station and take me across to the care home. She had time to come on and see Margherita  and wish her happy birthday. Margherita was downstairs with her friend, she was surprised when I arrived and a little annoyed because I had travelled so far. Nay took a nice photo of us together.

The staff at the care home let me join the residents for lunch which was kind and then we spent some time in Margherita’s room and Rose arrived and joined us. Anya came back to collect me at 3.15pm to get me back to the station in good time. We needn’t have worried as then the day went downhill a bit. That train was just over an hour late which meant I would miss my connection and the last bus. I was also feeling very overheated having been in the  care home and getting gently cooked!  When we got to Doncaster one of the staff said ai could use my ticket to get on another train to Hull. That seemed good and then there was an announcement of a platform change and ai had to go with the herd down a flight of stairs and up another, so then hot with an aching leg!
Before the Hull train arrived a goods train stopped which was different!
I got in touch with Tina who said she would come and collect me at the station as I had missed the last bus. That was very welcome.
Fairly shattered when I got home but it was worth it to see my sister on her 90th birthday 









2 comments:

  1. You look very relaxed in the chair, as does Pandora! You should spend more time doing that and less time gardening.
    It’s been a long day for you. Travelling always sounds easy, just sitting in a seat and being taken where you’re going. It’s never that easy though, specially with train changes and late running. Good job you’re a seasoned rail traveller. It was good that Tina came out to fetch you. It made the last leg of the journey a bit easier at least. All worth though, as I imagine Margherita was pleased to see you, even though she chastised you for going 🙂 Day of rest Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling achey this morning, but that’s not surprising. Carnival day today and may be helping out on the craft bus, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete