Saturday 13 July 2024

Flaming July!

A pretty miserable day, wet and cold. I got the the shop before it rained and it had just begun when I made my way to the church. There was due to be a short concert/coffee morning with the choir and a hung soloist, but the main attraction for me was hearing Rosie, the curate, play the clarinet.
The choir.
Rosie.
And a special mention for John, who played the organ and the piano. He is a brilliant musician and at 97 years young has played at the church for almost seventy years.
This afternoon has been painting and watching the tennis. I put a base coat on the green man and started the eyes.
Then I got on with finishing him. Very subtle colours so will be interesting to see how it turns out.
We have had our ‘Sunday dinner’ this evening as Tina has extra services tomorrow
Casualty is back on tonight so that’s me sorted.










2 comments:

  1. Well apart from the weather it’s sounded like a reasonable day for you. I’d have liked to hear Rosie play the clarinet. Churches are so good for music. The organist certainly doesn’t look 97! I think I definitely need to start attending church, or playing the organ 😊
    I think the green man is going to look good. I really like the way you’ve blended the autumn colours. Love the eyes too. They look very realistic with the little glint of light in them. I’ll definitely look forward to seeing it after firing.
    I hope Casualty was as cheerful as usual 🙄😊
    Sleep well in readiness for shouting at the tv tomorrow evening ⚽️ 🥅

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the eyes worked well, statues with the blank eyes do look creepy!
    Rosie did play well and a church setting seems right for live music.
    John is amazing, and still plays brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete