Saturday 6 July 2024

Rain stopped garden play!

I had been going to mow the front lawns this morning, but the weather had other ideas. I went to the shop as usual then a bit later braved the rain gain to go to the garden market at Number Nine. The craft ladies were still there under marquees. I bought a couple of bits out there and then a couple of gifts in the shop.
I thought I would start working on the landscape plate and realised that it was time to get some of my bottles of underglaze topped up. After lunch Darren drove me up to Freeport with the depleted bottles. Rob filled them up for me while we had q drink. Some of the coasters I had painted for the other workshop had been fired.
We went and did a bit of shopping in Pound Stretcher before heading home.
This afternoon I have started working on the plate one stage at a time and taking photos and notes of colours used. This is where I am after seven steps!
Will probably work on it tomorrow again if it is still wet outside. We will go to the boot sale if it is dry first thing.




2 comments:

  1. The weather was wet here too this morning. I can attest to that as I got wet walking into town!
    The coasters look really good. I like them all, but edging slightly more to the blue one as my favourite.
    The plate is going to be great. I like it already, but if the photo you’re doing it from is anything to go by then it’ll be cracking! Not literally I hope. Can’t wait to see that one fired.
    I hope it stay dry enough for you to get to the boot sale in the morning 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite pleased with the coasters and was putting off the plate, but happy with that now I have taken the plunge!
    Looks like we are expecting more rain today.

    ReplyDelete