Sunday 7 July 2024

Boot sale and plate painting.

Dry this morning and we set off pretty early today. Had our usual breakfast and enjoyed looking round, more stalls than we had expected as more rain was supposed to be due. Darren bought a lovely painting today and he already has it up in his man cave.
I got another hat, much to Darren’s dismay!
I also got a small, solid brass and hand painted paper weight and a small jar for Sher.
Before lunch I went out and mowed the larger front lawn. It was quite long and I filled the cart and a bit more. I took a photo as I rested before putting the pots back in place.
As I was finishing I felt a pain in my hand, a bee had been on the handle. I shook it off and hope that it took its sting with it and didn’t die. So that hand was saw and then I found I had a blister that had broken on the other hand! I came in for a rest and Blue had decided to occupy my friend.
The yellow flowers are just beginning to open in the front garden.
This afternoon I finished painting the plate Ann now have to hope that the colours look good after firing.
Feeling a bit weary and just relaxing now,














2 comments:

  1. More bargains, as usual. Darren’s painting is a bit posh for a man cave 🙂
    What is it with you and hats? That one looks very sixties. I really like the hand painted paperweight. I would have bought that if I’d seen it.
    The front lawn looks extremely large in that photo. Did you do it with the push mower? You’re mad! It does look nice though. Shame you had to suffer blisters and stings. Still, just add them to the list of other troublesome body parts 🙂
    I really do like that plate. I think it’ll be great once it’s fired. Can’t wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, did use the push mower, it is good exercise and a satisfying result.
    I am glad to have the painting finished, I worried bout doing it but did enjoy the challenge.

    ReplyDelete