Thursday 18 July 2024

Shopping it Scarborough

Tina had an appointment at ten so we could head out early so I decided to mow the big lawn in the front garden. The grass had grown quite well so it was fairly hard going and already a very hot day. I was sweating so much I could taste the salt, don’t think I have done that since I was in Africa! So all clothes in the wash and a shower before going out! 
We drove to Scarborough and went to a Mediterranean bistro for lunch. Tina’s looked apmuch more exciting than mine, my veggie pies weren’t on the kebabs!
Lovely lamps in the restaurant.
After that very nice lunch we went to Grape Tree and I got a lot of the Christmas cake ingredients.
Then we went to Sainsbury’s where we had a good shop as we had a lot of Nectar points! Then a lovely iced drink in the cafe before leaving. Tina drove to an out of town car park so that we could see the sea before leaving for hotel I know we see the sea regularly in Hornsea but it is not the same.
Not done a great deal since getting home, need to keep my energy for the long day tomorrow.
















2 comments:

  1. Fancy cutting the lawn before going out. You’re mad 😊
    I know how much you like Scarborough, I do too. So I know you’ll have had a good time. The meal looks very interesting. I’ve seen something similar to the hanging skewers somewhere else, but I can’t think where. Great way of serving it up though, even though it does make yours look a bit bland in comparison. Bet it all tasted good. The lamps in the restaurant are the Samoa d the ones they sell in the little cafe where we sometimes get a chai latte in town. They’re really nice looking and I was tempted to get one myself. Don’t think I’d be buying that amount!
    You’ve started mentioning Christmas. It shouldn’t be allowed this time of year 🙂
    You’re right about the sea, it’s totally different wherever you go, so you always have to look at it.
    Hope tomorrow goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good trip, hopefully will go again before too long without a shopping list!
    Pretty much ready for the off early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete