Tuesday 16 July 2024

Experimental loaf!

I decided to try one of the recipes in the book we bought last week with the secret ingredients from A to Z. Liked the look of the spinach loaf so went to get spinach and a couple of other ingredients. When I had the mix made and the loaf time lined it was obvious I had too much mixture. Obviously need to get a bigger loaf tin! I made a couple of small buns quickly and it took a bit longer to cook as my tin was full to the brim. The buns pushed together but still tasted good!
It was too fragile to cool that urned the right was. Picture of it cut in a bit.
I sat with Rosie for a while and helped cut out some masks for children to colour on carnival day. The I spent a good bit of the afternoon and some of the evening cutting out the rest, several different designs, as I know Tina and Rosie are pretty busy at the moment
Rosie and Tina were t the party for the last Families at Three and made balloon animals. Rosie asked if I wanted one and of course I said yes!
Will finish with a very green loaf!











2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of that loaf! If that’s all you get out of that book it’ll be worth it, but I’m sure there’ll be plenty more you’ll try, and enjoy before you’re finished. It’s a great colour.
    You do manage to volunteer for some soul destroying jobs. You’ll be dreaming of clowns with no eyes tonight haunting you 😊
    I really fancy cake now….green cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I will try some other recipes, they use such ingredients. Cake with veggies in have got to be good, right?
    Hadn’t thought of clowns with no eyes, probably will have nightmares about them now!

    ReplyDelete