Wednesday 10 July 2024

Feeling weary

I wrote a couple of letters this morning and took them to post when I set off for the cottage hospital. I was going to walk back via the sea front but felt too weary for extra walking so called in a couple of charity shops nd headed home. I was looking for books with decent landscape pictures in and vegan cookbooks. Didn’t find either. I took this photo as the h angling basket was nice and the dark clouds looked like rain might arrive. 
The rain didn’t come so I had a dry walk home. The X-ray was straight forward and  the surgery will get the results in a week to ten days.
After lunch I went to see Sher and took her the little jar I got at the boot sale. We had a chat and a cuppa.
I did a few chores and watched some tennis.
Tina was out for dinner so Darren drove us down to the front for fish and chips by the sea. So got to see the sea after all today.
Forgot to mention that I called in t the dentist on the way home as I managed to dislodge a small piece of tooth whenI was flossing last night! So no a little hole, although not painful at the moment. As usual with our dentist she could not find a way to have me seen, but as luck would have it I have an appointment booked in August so will hope I can nurse it along until then!
Bracing myself for a tense evening watching the football!









2 comments:

  1. Glad the X-ray was straight forward. Be interesting to see what it shows when you get it back. Not surprised you were felling weary. Cutting those lawns is quite a task by hand, plus all the other stuff you do. Retirement is supposed to be the time you take life easy…..you obviously didn’t get the memo 😊
    Fish and chips by the sea is a great way to take your mind off the rest of the day. It’s almost medicinal I think. You don’t have much luck with your teeth. I’m sure you’ll treat it with care until your appointment. The state of the dental service in this country gets worse every year!
    I hear England are through to the final. You’ll no doubt be watching that another night. I hope they win 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my teeth from falling apart, those I still have, is an on going battle, and although I do have a dentist, actually getting treated when you need it is a challenge!
    England did up their game, which wasn’t that difficult really!

    ReplyDelete