Friday 12 July 2024

Visit and visitor

I did some washing and went to the banking hub before going to see Bel. She was fine, gets a little frustrated that she not do a much as she used to, but at 92 and having no help in the house she still does remarkably well.
A few chores and then lunch before Jean came round to visit as usual. She was on a good mood as she bought her invitation so her sons service where he becomes a bishop. He is a priest in Scotland so they will have trip up for that very special day.
I have started the embroidery on canvas kit. It is a blunt needle and quite difficult to keep it neat. Haven’t done much!
No other photos from today so some memories, a couple of drawings I did when they had life classes on tv some years ago and the other one my sister still has, sketched that many more years ago!
May take more photos tomorrow.








2 comments:

  1. Visiting days are always a bit less active for you, which is a good thing. I think Bel does great for her age, specially with no help. I very much doubt I'll achieve the same, or even get to 92 for that matter!
    The embroidery should keep you amused for a few evenings. You're never at a loss o finding something to do.
    I remember those life drawing programs and I remember you doing the drawings. It has to be one of the hardest art forms to do. They look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems damp and chilly again today, definitely not mid summer like!
    Maybe another very quiet day……

    ReplyDelete