Thursday 11 July 2024

More craft to get round to!

This morning we waited in until Ringtons called and then Tina took me up to Freeport to call in t the pottery. I had been collecting bubble wrap for them as they were running out but I also wanted to by a green man wll decoration. I wanted to pint it as a sample yesterday but as they not hve two in stock Rob didn’t want me to paint one. So today I went up to buy it and pint it at home as I reloy think it will be fun to do. I think it will be an autumn man rather than a green man though!
We then went to Leven village to a coffee morning in one of Tina’s friends house. We stayed for a while and had tea and cake nd bought some hem for Darren. Then we went into Beverley. I have been cooking for books with landscapes in vegan recipe books, I had tried the charity shops in Hornsea and we went into one with no luck then we went into the Oxfam book shop. The town has n ordinary Oxfam shop as well, but this one is all second hand books. Ended up buying several books, it is a great shop.
Tina wanted to get some stuff in The Works to get stuff to do on the activity bus at the carnival and I got a reduced diamond art kit in case I run out of things to do!
We have a hollyhock in the front garden which didn’t flower last year,not has had buds this year nd this morning when Tin went to do morning prayers she noticed the flowers had opened and they are black. Very excited bout that so took a pic when we got home.
To round the day off I had a package and couldn’t think of anything I had sent for but it was the two puzzle magazines I ordered when I was away because I had not been able to find then in any shops. One for me nd one for my sister.
Home in time to see the latter part of a great tennis match, so a pretty good day.










2 comments:

  1. I do like the wall decoration. I wasn’t sure what the green man was when you mentioned it earlier, but I now recognise it. Quite an iconic one. Doing it as an autumn man sounds a good idea.
    Glad you got out today. Specially if it involved tea and cake 🙂 I’m sure Darren enjoyed it too. You managed to get some good books from Oxfam. I’m intrigued by the cakes with secret ingredients 🙂 I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with the vegan recipes. Another one lost to the dark side 😂
    You will never run out of things to do. You must have a plethora of projects backed up ready to be started…..or finished.
    The black hollyhock does look good. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those.
    I think Margherita will be pleased with the new puzzle book. Maybe some different types of puzzle to tax her brain.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take the puzzle book down when I had down to see my sister on her birthday, she likes crime dramas and puzzles so sure she will get some enjoyment from it. The cake recipe book has cakes made with a large variety of fruit and vegetables in them, some very unlikely ones. Will endeavour to try a few. It would be nice to be able to cook something vegan as the curate nd her partner are vegan. Have already said I will add them to the Christmas cake list, so that will be different.
    I think the levels on the green man say autumn colours to me!

    ReplyDelete