Monday 22 July 2024

This and that

This morning I got the guest room ready as Tina’s niece and her children are staying over tomorrow night. The quilt is a big one and I couldn’t get the burrito method to work today, so ended up having a bit of a work out. That got me onto sorting the bedding and deciding some needed to go.
A bit of a rest and read and then I went out to mow the small lawn in the front garden. I needed to cut back the fir tree as it was hanging over the lawn, and cut back the giant sea kale and a prickly bush which were stopping me getting to the lawn. So,  garden bin full again, so pleased it is being emptied weekly at the moment.
Another rest, this time with a puzzle book. Tina had been out but took me out to ouch at Mr Moos and then we had a drive round the lanes. Just a nice little relaxing trip for both of us.
I decided to go through some more drawers and started filling a bag for the charity shop.
I went out and watered the bonsai trees before going to see Sarah and David for a bit.
Will finish with a photo sent by Mike, Peterborough being terrorised by an octopus!





2 comments:

  1. I wonder why the burrito method didn’t work for you this time? I bet you cursed about having to do it the old way. Bloody hard work! I’m sure the bit of gardening wasn’t much better either. What would you do without that garden bin?
    You’re spoiled. Mr Moos sounds very good to me and the pootle around the lanes is always a nice thing to do. It’s nice you both get out and relax like that occasionally.
    I really have to make an effort and start sorting out drawers and cupboards in my place. Will you please stop putting me to shame! 😂
    I’ll give the octopus a wide berth again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice, unexpected little trip and on a nice summer day.
    Most jobs in this garden turn out to be more difficult that I would hope, really must start attacking some undergrowth again!

    ReplyDelete