Wednesday 17 July 2024

Up to the pottery studio again

I went along to post some letters first thing and then a bit later set off to walk up to Freeport. I have tried doing a bit less and it hasn’t made a lot of difference so now I will go back to trying to do a bit more again. They are moving some stuff around but I did paint a little sample before Caroline arrived. He is pale colours but I think he will be cute.
He may be coming home with me! The money box I painted last week has bee fired. I wasn’t keen but they wanted one painted as they haven’t sold any, it is quite big so fairly expensive. Strangely it is one that I am really pleased with, the colours work well and I hope it encourages someone to have a go.
The landscape plate is also fired. It has proved a learning curve, it is good but the light coloured plant that was in the front has disappeared. I will know now that if you want something light at the front it needs to be several layers of paint.
I spent a while moving stuff around with Caroline before walking home. That was more than enough exercise so I have done very little since!
Off to Scarborough with Tina tomorrow as I want to start getting the Christmas cake ingredients.








2 comments:

  1. Doing a bit more is ok, but don’t overdo if possible.
    Todays sample is very cute. I can see why you might end up with it 😊 The dragon has come out great! The colours are very bright. I hope it does encourage someone else to have a go now they can see how well it can turn out.
    As you say it’s all a learning curve with knowing how the colours will fire. I think the plate still looks great anyway.
    Glad to hear you’ve had a lazy evening. Just what you need sometimes.
    Enjoy your trip tomorrow. Can’t believe it’s THAT time of year again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have done a fair bit of pottery painting these last few months, but plenty to learn when being experimental with the colours. Don’t usually mix colours for the samples as the idea is people can copy them.
    I love Scarborough, so will be good even if just a shopping trip this time.

    ReplyDelete