Tuesday 9 July 2024

Different studio day

This morning I decided to find a home for the display cabinet I bought a couple of weeks ago. It seemed too heavy to put on the wall so I ended up making space on the mantelpiece. It now had the wrens in it.
Tina gave me a lift up the the pottery studio today as it was raining and I had the plate to get there, preferably without getting it wet! She stayed for a drink and had a look round, she also got to see the acorn tea light holder which had been fired and the three coasters.
I painted a dragon money box today as they have quite a few and none have been painted.
I walked home and took this photo of this plant as I liked the two colours.
Felt weary when I walked back so apart from getting dinner not doing a great deal. Cottage hospital for an X-ray tomorrow.












2 comments:

  1. After last nights disappearing posts, I hope this one makes it tonight 🤞

    The display case fits in quite nicely just there. Hopefully the cats aren’t in the habit of walking along there! It’s perfect for the wrens.
    That was nice of the Rev to give you a lift. It would have been a shame to take the chance and spoil the plate. The acorn is really lovely and the coasters are great. I still think my favourite is the blue one in the middle. I’m sure the “apprentices” will enjoy copying them. Hopefully they’ll sell a few dragons once they have the finished item on display. You must have quite a few bits in there now that you’ve done.
    Hope the trip to the hospital and the X-ray go ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased with the cabinet and I managed to move the kit clock I made without it falling apart!
    There are a good few samples at the studio now, the Saturday girls do some on quiet days so plenty of painted items to give people ideas.
    Two names on the landscape class now and should be more when Caroline advertises with the plate.

    ReplyDelete