Saturday 25 May 2024

Garage day sale.

Sal andCarol arrived before eight as they were setting up tables as well. I was pretty well prepared this time and soon had things out and priced. It was a very chilly morning but it didn’t actually rain, which was good. We were packing up just before three, and I had sold quite a bit and nearly all the larger things. I didn’t take photos during the day. But after getting everything inside I did go to do a bit of clearing near the front door. Didn’t take a photo then either but did take one of the wisteria as it has been the strangest plant. I planted it several years ago, it comes into leaf very late and doesn’t flower. It also would not cling to the wall as they and known to do. I managed to pin it to the wall last autumn. In other places the wisteria are in flower, ours is just in leaf, but against the wall!
Earlier in the day Darren got one of the garage sale maps and went round the town to other houses taking part. He messaged me to see if I was interested in this painting. It was £2, so I said yes.
I will finish with some pics from some years ago.













2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the garage sale was quite successfully. At least you don’t have to cart the stuff very far. I think they’re a great idea. No rain is definitely a bonus too. I like the rabbit picture that Darren found. I thought that was a wig behind it until I zoomed in to find it was a plant 😂
    Your wisteria does sound a bit odd. Maybe it’s a mutant version!
    Old pics are good to re look at. I found two today of the mice Anya and I had. They were so cute. 20 years ago! Doesn’t time fly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure does. Can’t believe I am an old lady now!

    ReplyDelete