Wednesday 22 May 2024

Very heavy rain so bus to Freeport.

Rain was forecast, and boy was it right this time. The street was flooding when I went to catch the bus to Freeport. I made some clay items with Caroline and she said that we have four people booked on out workshop. The seahorse I painted a couple of weeks ago had been fired. It had looked very pale so wasn’t sure how would turn out. It is still pale, but is really quite cute.
More exciting was the fact the the gecko Rob pined for me was ready and it as absolutely lovely. He was so pleased at it was only the second thing he had painted.
Caroline gave me a lift home that was kind. When the rain eased I went out and did some errands. Then I went to see Sher at Botany Boutique as I wanted to see if they had any domes. I will explain. I went on the kokedama workshop and I made three, but one has a plant in that isn’t really suitable as it needs more water. The answer is to have it in a dome or container so that it creates its own moisture. The three looked good displayed together so I have got them in a similar way. She didn’t have a dome but they had a preserving jar which should work.
I got the new gecko onto the wall in my bathroom.
When the rain eased a bit I topped up the bird feeders and took a couple of photos while in the garden.
Sorting stuff out for a garage sale on Saturday this evening. Back for another scan tomorrow!














2 comments:

  1. It rained here too, but sounds like you had it a bit harder than we did. Good job you went on the bus. I think the sea horse looks really good, and being pale actually makes it better. Very nice. The gecko is brilliant, and if it’s only his second attempt that makes it even better. Looks good on the wall too 🙂
    The preserving jar is a really good idea for the plant. Nicely airtight, so shouldn’t lose much water at all. It’ll have a nice ecosystem in there. I’ll be interested as to how it gets on.
    The good thing about the garage sale will be that you can only sell stuff and there’ll be nothing you can buy and bring home. That’s the way to go 🙂
    Hope the scan goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite difficult keeping the pink plant healthy, a few time I have only just watered it in time. The other two have never begun to wilt so far.
    I love the gecko and Rob was so pleased with it.
    Not too bothered about the scan, just wish I could stop the calf pain!

    ReplyDelete