Friday 17 May 2024

A bit of baking

This morning I went to the shop to get some extra ingredients before going to see Bel. On the way to see Bel I went to have a look at Bettisons Folly as I haven’t bothered for a while. I really like the folly, very unusual,
Bel was okay although I think she is feeling a bit more lethargic these days but hardly surprising. I helped her with the jigsaw for a while.
When I got home I got on with the baking as I had been asked to make something for a coffee morning. Made two sponges as thought I had  better make one for Darren as well and also made some cheese scones. The kitchen looked like a bomb had dropped!
I spent a while in the front garden with the strimmer and with the new secateurs to cut back the large thistles that obstruct the front garden tap. Had a veggie delivery which was good, I had washing on the line first thing and it was pretty much dry this evening, will just have to put it on the airers overnight.
I have buttered the scones so they are ready to go to the parish hall in the morning,
Feeling quite pooped gain this evening,






2 comments:

  1. I quite like those old follys, or is it follies? Can you go inside that one, and if so have you?
    That’s a lot of baking! I’m sure the cakes will go down well, specially Darren’s 🙂 The scones definitely will as I remember your cheese scones very well.
    Even though it sounds like you haven’t done quite so much in the garden you’ve still been busy, and on your feet a lot. So I’m not surprised you’re pooped this evening. Hope you get a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years back there was an open day for churches in the area and that included the folly. I did go up it and it was a pretty rickety set up inside, but you know me well enough to guess I gave it a go anyway! Bel cas see it from her conservatory but I have never wangled my way into that yet to see it from that side!
    I will probably go to the coffee morning and not buy my own baking!

    ReplyDelete