Wednesday 1 May 2024

Another varied day

This morning Sher and Dave came to get my porch hood fitted on the back of the summer house.m they had to go to Boyes for some fittings but it was soon up. At the back of the summer house so not directly over the dustbins but I could soon sort that out.
I caught the bus up to Freeport and went into the pottery studio. I knew I was painting a Peter Rabbit as a commission. The tile sample I had painted had been fired, turned out quite well.
I finished the rabbit and hopefully the lady will be happy with it.
Rob sat and painted with me as he had wanted to paint me a gecko for my birthday.
As I walked to catch the bus home I took a photo of a plant still with its dead heads.
I stopped mid blog as we had a seagull in the front garden being attacked and not trying to fly way. Tina follows lady on social media who takes animals
and was happy to take him if we could get there. She lives in a village near Beverley so we got a box ready, I caught him in a towel and off we went.so not long been back! Now back to the entry……
After having lunch with Tina I went down to the summer house. The dustbins with the food weren’t under the canopy and a lot of weed nervy.so some strimming and putting different bases down and got them in the right place.
Darren has some larger bonsai trees that I try to keep watered but they have been iffy for sometime. They were so tight in the pots soIdid begin to wish I hadn’t been helpful!
It was hard going, they were packed so tight and all the pots had several sycamore seedlings and grass in so it took some digging them out. But they are all done, whether they survive is mother matter, but two of them looked dead anyway.
There is an area needing clearing behind them, a veritable sycamore forest, I had cut them down a bit but need to get round there to dig them out!
We are hoping the lady can help the seagull get well. Soon be bedtime now!























2 comments:

  1. The shelter looks really nice. I hope it does the intended job ok. If not you can have your own bus shelter 🙂
    Awww, the Peter Rabbit looks great. I’m sure they’ll be really chuffed with it. I love the gecko too. It was really nice of him to do that for you. Lots of things to look forward to once they’re fired.
    I started to reply to the blog earlier but it all ground to a halt. Now I know why. Hope the seagull will be ok.
    Rather you than me with those bonsai plants. The one you do of yours always seem bad enough, but those do look like hard work. I’m sure Darren was pleased you did them though 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seagull was lively on the journey so hopefully with the proper care it will be okay.
    Darren’s trees have a better chance of survival now, well, maybe not the dead ones!
    It was good at the studio, nice to get Rob actually painting.

    ReplyDelete