Sunday 12 May 2024

Bargains and garden

We went to the boot sale as usual, I bought some fibre pots in readiness for next years seed planting and a lovely little bird bath for £2.
It was £2 day as I also got this brilliant, new phone case.
I managed to walk all round with Darren today which was good. The cafe we usually go to was closed and we fancied a drink so went to the front and ended up having an ice cream!
I put the little bird bath out with the others, refreshed the rest while I was at it. I am hoping the wood pigeons will not be able to fit into is as they sit in the others and sometimes poo in there!

This afternoon and evening I have worked in the gardens. This afternoon in the back using the strimmer again and did the edges. I put the shells round the hosta yesterday and hope it will flourish now.
Having a rest on the swing decided to take a photo of the trees as the copper beech his in leaf, not so many and must up high, but it seems happy after its major pruning!
This evening I mowed the larger lawn in the front garden, took me over an hour again so good exercise-maybe! Then did a few cans of watering.
Enjoying The Piano now.













2 comments:

  1. Nice bargains. I like the small birdbath. The case was good for £2 too. That’d be a minimum of £10 in the shops!
    You’re definitely getting better if you made it the whole way round today. Means you’ll probably be finding lots more bargains to bring home now 🙂
    I hope mowing the lawn turns out to be good exercise and not more leg trouble tonight 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fairly active day, best make the best of the fine weather.
    It is good to have the bird baths, kept them topped up while I wasn’t actually feeding the birds. They are well used.
    Legs weren’t better or worse in the night….

    ReplyDelete