Friday 3 May 2024

Chores and visits

The day started off fairly bright but showers were forecast. I got some household chores done before going round to see Bel. She was feeling a little under the weather today with her aches and pains but we started sorting out the edge pieces for her latest jigsaw. We had a tremendous thunder storm while I was there and the remain absolutely bucketed down! It was still raining a bit when I went to the shop on the way home, when the weather settled I went down the garden to check on the sunflowers. I worried that they would all be snapped after that downfall. They were okay except for one ner the back of the bed, I may try nd get to it when the ground is a bit drier.
Jean came for a while this afternoon, she was suffering with her aches and pains as well, but we had a cuppa and natter.
Did a few crosswords, got dinner for myself andDarren as Tina is away and waited downstairs for the shopping delivery, so pretty uneventful.
Will add a photo from 2019 from the Orkneys!
Was wearing that jacket this morning!




2 comments:

  1. The weather was much the same here today. Bright this morning and rain on and off the rest of the day. At least you were indoors through the worst of the storm. Good job too from the sound of it. Pleased to hear the sunflowers didn’t all get flattened either.
    A reasonably quiet day for you compared to some.
    I’ve still got the picture of you and the Rev at Twatt church that I printed 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, pretty quiet day really, although even more weeds to fight now as they love a good rainfall!
    That pre Covid trip to Orkney does seem a long time to.

    ReplyDelete